16 August 2013

A Symphony of August: Perseverance

This is the continuation to story from my last blog. I use this independent blog entries to complete an idea, that existed somewhere in my head. I hope, things will soon get interesting.

Not that I knew, but whenever message is ambiguous, assume that it favors you. I said 'Hello' and told her about my dilemma. However, I said too many things and didn't allow her to speak and there I got that weirdo look from her again. I could see a clash of wills, and right now she had an upper hand. So I stopped talking, and waited for her to speak.
      She twitched her forehead for a moment, and told that she likes ribbon on accessories like her bag, or would like a ribbon to be embroidered on her dress. Though she didn't say it, but in my head, ribbons represented some notion of prettiness, and it goes well with the girl who is pretty, like herself.
Anyway, she gave me some pointers and now I didn't have any reason to make her stay. I hate when the basis of conversation are formal ones, especially with a pretty girl. I thanked her for her support, took my leave. But before that I was able to get her name.

I was happy that I did not offend her, as I usually do. I picked up my bus, and went directly to boss's office. I told him, about the accessory idea, and he thought it was brilliant. I further told him that if we can somehow make accessory reconfigurable, like a belt of ribbons around clothing, which can be changed according to the mood or pin-ribbons that can go along with your portables, which will tell more about your awareness towards surroundings. I do not know when, but I found my boss hugging me.
         I was eccentric about the whole deal. Just 2 hours ago, my day was no better than a fallen potato, lying eagerly to be crushed or eaten. And now, I delivered an amazing idea, and met a very interesting person. Only regret is that, I only know her first name. I had to do something about this, or else it will itch me for a long time.

I have a friend, who is computer engineer, and knows a way or two to get meaningful information. So I went to him, and told him about the incident. He grinned sheepishly, and out of nowhere, opened his browser. I did not know why he was excited, but I knew he will get the job done. Viola! her Quora id was visible. We went to her profile, and went for the people she follows. He said, something about densely packed forest in social systems shit, and told that one of them is gotta be her colleague. Of course, if she was on facebook, I would have done it myself. But I did not know about this Quora thing. Turns out that we were able to get the college name of her colleague, and he typed some keywords in google, and there she was, Manu Aggrawal.

I went to my boss, and somehow slipped an idea that it will be better if we observe some college people about how they accessorize. He happily gave me the responsibility to look at things. Well, I got time to do paid social activity. I went to the college, and was relishing on the fact that I was one step closer to her.
I waited at cafeteria, as I suppose college people do hangout. I was also working at the same time, noticing the college people's dressing sense. Truth to be told, I believe these people don't think much about accessorizing. A week had passed, and a guy was wearing same t-shirt, for last three days, and with his shaggy hair, he asks for magi. I suppose living like that is sort of fun, but anyway I was nowhere near Manu. Two weeks had passed, and my allotted slot by boss was almost at its end. The only thing I could do then, was an act of desperation. So, I asked out about her, and many people said that they didn't know her, but one girl said that they had senior by that name.
I was frustrated and disappointed, and may be I was just unlucky. I simply left, and had no wish to take bus or auto, may be I knew, after I reach the office, I could not come up with something like this again. Suddenly, somebody called "Hey! Ribbon guy".                       

No comments:

Post a Comment