16 August 2013

A Symphony of August: Inspiration

It was raining, and forest in front of my room was croaking. It had been like that for last few days, and I was feeling a little blue. As I was going to my office, people passing by, somehow could really see my gloom. Anyway, my boss had ordered me to think about interesting ideas for ribbons, which our company sells. I always had thought about, how ribbons can pay for my salary, but I guess fashion is not that straight forward business. Today is deadline and heck! my complete ignorance about girl's fashion sense, and the seasonal gloom,  it becomes a hoopla of mess. I must figure out something in next 8 hours, or they will find someone better to do the same.

As a practitioner of routine jobs, there are only two evasive actions, either you find someone who knows or you go to the mall, and hear around and listen with your eyes. I went to the mall, as there is local bus available every 5 minutes, and who knows, I might chance upon somebody who likes the ribbons. But just thinking about it, and asking  'Do you like ribbons ?' A weirdo pick up line, and I think only brazen fools can come up with. Soon, I reached the mall, only to find that mall had been closed for some undisclosed reasons.  Just like a flap of butterfly, their reasons were causing storms in my career. Now, finally the gloom had caught up to me, and I do not know what to do. All I could see was a, messy swamp.

As my lifeless body marched in an incoherent way, just like a zombie, thinking about dampness that rainy forest had put up in my room, a shadow figure passed by me.  I looked up, and mumbled, "What now?".
It was a girl, with life sprouting out from her dark eyes, and I took a slow breath, and felt an urge to know her more. And without thinking, I said, "Miss, do you like ribbons?" . Shit had hit the fan, I could see a swamp within a swamp, which  eventually will be my grave place. She turned to me, inspecting me with her dark and meaningful eyes, may be analyzing nonsense I just uttered. I took a fast breath,  and believing in hope and humanity, I said "Do you?". She blinked.      

No comments:

Post a Comment