23 January 2013

How I met smugglers in IIIT Hyderabad!!

In 2030,
Kids, It was 2013, Your uncle Anna, Sureka, Vizzam, Chia and me went for an epic trip to Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Punjab. It was filled with lot of random decisions, pleasure of eating almost anything and bone chilling excitement.
Oh! wait, this is not what I had in mind, lets leave that story for another time. We go one month ahead, in mid of January. We all were at IIIT-H. You know IIIT, where I made myself a geek that I am today. At that time, our college was in process of hooking up with NKN(National Knowledge Network), however it came up with some set of laws.
And like any other law, it based itself on issues of piracy, privacy and connecting people for good. And with high held principles, began a campaign to ban stuff :/  

Oh! yeah, in those days, it went by this terminology and unlike you, we didn't have classes. Well anyway, after a long series of discussions, it was banned. With all this commotion, a strange thing happened, people changed, people actually changed. Their life was full of dreams, they were laughing and now we were edging towards a perfect harmony.......

Oh! who am i kidding, it was disaster, if life was so simple, there had been no wars, love will be literally in air. Pollution would have been under control, and  Namibia would have imposed a penalty on seal killing. People still do things, and though consequences are still there, but you don't go and say, you forget this part about your humanity, because some of us don't like that human part of you.
You have to live with it.

Kids, these are words, that I heard somewhere. I'm more like a summary guy. Now, I was only one man, there are plenty others who might see from different angle.

Now a few months had passed, and  I was curious, but somehow I remained unaware of happenings. However, At some concert, I saw two of our college guys talking with another guy and I thought I should catch up. Suddenly that dude said "IIIT Mein Ho! :/", followed by a sarcastic smirk, to which those guys gave a weak nod. And then he grabbed one guys hand, and said "Yeh lo pendrive, kaam aayegi".
 And I thought it could be nothing but Pen-drive trafficking.

So kids.. Moral is every man's folly, and everybody is entitled to live with their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment