30 January 2013

Formal Student Interactive Symposium '13

[FSIS'13] sounds like a good reference, so I thought I should check it out. As I entered that hall, and there was nice panel of faculty sitting in front. I knew almost all faculty personally, so I was a little bit nervous about not uttering any word from my sacred mouth. Sanidhya and me were sitting near gate, 'for just in case'  case.
I simply wanted to know how things stand out in our college, and the number of hands that were raised, was quite much. I understood, that there is serious shortcoming in all of us, including me. It is true that these things happen, and there is little bit that we do on our part to stop these issues. It is no excuse, and person responsible for it should be given the taste of his own medicine.

However, solutions proposed were nothing but based upon naive idealism, like offering more humanities courses, or consider the feelings of other every time you talk. They might be excellent solutions in a world where everyone understand each other, and everyone aspires for the goal of better human world.

Claim:  I can disprove both solutions in current setting of things.

Given:
 We are here, because we aspire for jobs that we like, but most importantly that pays. For that we think, that we should go for better grades in courses and complete our credits as soon as possible. It gives a very little time to think about society. If we can just hangout with our friends and have a tea, that is the day well-spent.

Now obviously prejudice of seniors rubs in the juniors and the real confrontation with humanities courses make people have negative feelings about it. Its not my word, it is simple statistics. I think content is more relevant to scholars who want to be enlightened in classical sense. Here there is section of people who want to do MBAs or prepare of IAS. So they might loose interest in these subjects.
On another front,  reading about Gandhi does not make us follow him. Gandhi was a man, which India needed 70 years ago. But today, we face globalization, untrusted politics, many of us have loans to repay.  Problems are of more internal nature, we draw several lines so that we do not cross something, and do something bad.

Proof :

Problems are different in this era, we already drew lines at so many finer levels, and we are just human, we will cross one unintentionally.  Still no harm done, but lines become more complex and problem becomes non-linear[Try Taking Pattern Recognition or Neural Networks or Optimization Methods]. And mathematics is witness, drawing an exact solution for non-linear problem, is NP-hard problem. You should go for good approximations, that is what I do in my research[SOR method for solving linear equations]

I know, I have no right to judge, because I do not know how guys who raised hands feel. Here, premise on which we should base our solutions, is that everybody is human. And what is better than cognitve science and  behavioural Psychology, so that you know how will a fella's mind works. It is nice and important for all of us, because in every job, we'll have human colleagues.  

 With this I've proved that we need to accept hard facts and do something based on that.  Q.E.D

Test Cases: (just simple ones, easy to handle even it backfires :P)

Simply confront people who give you hard time. Even doing so, someone is bothering you, give a middle finger, not because it is sexist, because it is  a gesture to show you are pissed.

I have a few more, if anybody needs it, ping me.... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment