28 July 2012

Thank God!! Westeros Got No Internet

In a general slang, we use FBme ,Google or tweet quite instinctively, and it makes an amazing turf for what you want to know.  

You express, You share, You comment, you discuss... 

It is just marvellous, and a wonder that we can do so many things, from anyplace in this world. It is like we all have power of telepathy. In fact, a long time back I read a story, where a guy from earth goes to certain planet X, and there people have power to read other people's thoughts. So this guy, basically wants to rob them, because they leave their shops open, and for the fact that all men there, are honest. So he dared and eventually got caught. He probably deserved it. 

Now consider this, if all men of that planet are not honest, some of them are corrupt officials, government agencies dedicated to their missions, psychotic oglers, and most common people with common vices. In that world, nothing is secure, I have to guard about everything that I say. Its OK, if we are meaning to say "LOL, or What's up". But world is far bigger and has its bunch of issues,  people for example, want to condemn the government, they want to share their pain, and the only platform that they think, they can be heard is these Social Networks. But all of these people are insecure in some sense, and these insecurities are well documented, even backup-ed, and many people use it in some good sense, but this is a sword without a hilt, and hence can be used to harm us, or people we love.

Another concern that I have, is about the notion of my individuality. Hey! I openly  assert that I  want to privy my thoughts. But there are these data-miners and statisticians, that generates model, to what I like, how I feel, and even where I poop. As a human, the notion of being  a sample point of their monstrous data sets, and being averaged to some mixed individual, is quite disturbing. Though they are giving us favourable services in return, but when they say that, they can predict my behaviour, they make me obnoxious and unhealthy.

It is just a thought, and may be I'm over thinking, but the notion that I live in a free country, and can have any free thoughts, doesn't exist anymore. I'm being monitored, analyzed and probably they have already plans for how to tackle me.
Hey!! Watchers, don't bother doing that, I won't pull up any fiasco :P. I have no intention to give you pain. And data miners and statisticians, if you are analyzing me then give me something really good.  

Say, surprise me!!
  
I'm a free soul, a wildling at heart, and  will seek the notion of freedom in these times.

RiXoR 

P.s: All Mr Statisticians and Data-miners, don't take me bad, you are averaging me, and so did I, but if we meet, then say just "Hi"  and not some #tags :P

No comments:

Post a Comment